Friday, September 1, 2017

New Releases....

I had the chance to read a couple of brand new books this week! 


Compromised in ParadiseCompromised in Paradise by Samanthe Beck

3.5 stars - Worth a Reader's Time

Review Copy Provided by Publisher via Net Galley

Arden and Nick are a couple that is meant to be, they just don't know it.
From the get go, this was a fun book. The premise is a little "out there", but works if you are ready for escape. I liked the fact that both Arden and Nick knew the score and went into their "deal" with no pretense.
It was interesting to see them walk the line of sharing and caring, but each trying to maintain the pretense for the other's benefit. I loved watching the "conflict" moments and how Arden's father's well meaning interference swept in and saved the day.
This is part of a series, but as there is minimal character cross over between the other books, it can easily be read as a stand alone. Definitely a book I would recommend if you are looking for a quick, fun read.

Amazon


 Make Me Want (Men of Gold Mountain, #3)Make Me Want by Rebecca Brooks

3 Stars - Average Read

Review Copy provided by Publisher via Net Galley

This book was fun and had a great idea, but I had a difficult time in connecting with the characters.
Tyler and Abbi are both interesting people with tragic and sad moments in their pasts, moments that almost make them the exact wrong person for each other to begin with. There was just something about both of them that made it hard for me to relate, especially to Abbi.
I think the lack of connection also made it harder for me to appreciate them as a couple. I did like them together more as the story went on and a real relationship started to develop.
The secondary cast is what saved this story for me. We don't get to know the secondary group well, there is obvious back story in previous books, but they do shed some light on Abbi and Tyler that make them more sympathetic and likeable.
Overall, this is a decent read. It wasn't a favorite, but I enjoyed it enough that I will read more of the author's work in the future.

Amazon


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment