Friday, January 8, 2016

Meet The Author ~ Lili Mahoney

We are thrilled to welcome Lili Mahoney to our first Meet the Author Feature of 2016. 


Published work:
Barefoot Pastures

What are you working on now?
Right now I have a couple projects going, Barefoot Pastures Book 2, as well as a book I will publish under another pen name as it isn’t YA, but romance.
Do you get to write full time or do you also have a “day” job?
I have a day job, but dream of writing full-time! I recently resigned from working in the legal system because I had a baby prematurely and he needs me more.
Favorite part of being an author?
My favorite part of being another is creating something that inspires or moves people. I love to make people laugh, to identify with a characters flaws, or even draw them in enough emotional that they feel everything that character is feeling, even if they cry. That to me, is success.
Scariest part of being an author?
The scariest part of being an author is putting your work out there for people to judge.
Who are your favorites to read?
I love Larry McMurtry! I also enjoy Lori Foster, Janet Evanovich, Iris Johanson, Lee Child, Adriana Locke, Meg Cabot, Colleen Hoover, and Kristen Ashley. To name a few.
If you had $1 million to giveaway, what would you do with the money?
If I had $1 million to giveaway, I would donate to Wounded Warrior Project. I love and respect all military and their families and feel we do not do enough to support what they give up for our rights.
One piece of advice to an aspiring writer?
One piece of advice I would give to an aspiring writer would be simply, write. Get the words out. It’s so therapeutic. Then get brave and let someone read it. A stranger, a close friend. Someone to share it with.
Where can we find you?

·         on instagram as @lilimahoney

No comments:

Post a Comment