Thursday, January 21, 2016

Loving You Always ~ Kennedy Ryan ~ Review

We are diving into my To-Be-Read list again today to get caught up with Kennedy Ryan's Bennett series before book 4 comes out in February. 



Kerris Moreton should be the happiest woman in the world: She has a successful business and is about to start the family she's always wanted. But the man of her dreams-the one whose green eyes see straight into her soul and whose gentle hands make her body hum with pleasure-is not hers. Each secret moment with Walsh Bennett serves to remind Kerris of what she's missing. And every stolen hour makes it harder to see her future without him. But being with Walsh would betray a sacred promise and upend her perfect life. When tragedy strikes, the razor's edge between love and loyalty grows sharper than ever. And Kerris must decide where her heart will fall . . . Don't miss the first installment in The Bennett's Series...When You Are Mine. Available now!


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ Barnes and Nobel 


Elizabeth's Review


4 Stars - Would Recommend to a Friend

Sometimes you read a book that while it has an ending, you know the story isn't complete. When Book 2 comes along, you have to decide if you are content with where things are or if you want to know the rest of the story.

That's kind of how I felt about When You Are Mine and Loving You Always.

Part of me was worried that the angsty feel of When You Are Mine would continue into the second book and I wasn't sure I wanted more of the same, even though I enjoyed the first book.

I didn't need to worry! Yes, there is some angst at the beginning as Cam and Kerris try to make a marriage and family work that isn't what either of them really want. But, after a tragic accident that you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy things change on several fronts.

I really felt like this was Kerris' story. There was pain and heartache, but there were also joyful reunions, growth, self realization, and love. I appreciated how Ms. Ryan handled the unrequited love/love triangle between Cam, Kerris, and Walsh. Did they make mistakes, yes, but none that damaged the characters so badly that recovery couldn't happen.

The timeline for the story also helped, we knew what was going on, but didn't get bogged down in the details that may have been interesting, but weren't necessary. By the end of Loving You Always, I was so glad that I decided to dive in a read the rest of the story. My respect for Kerris and Walsh was intact and I was even starting to feel a little bit better about Cam. I found myself pleased that Kerris ended up with her soul mate and a real chance to be happy.

Ms. Ryan continues to impress with her storytelling, complex characters, and her handling of potentially sticky situations. I am looking forward to reading books 3 and 4 in the Bennett series.

No comments:

Post a Comment