Thursday, October 1, 2015

October New Releases - Part 1

It's hard to believe it's already the first of a new month. Here are some of the New Releases coming out this month; Most of them are from Independent Authors, so make sure to check them out.


I am finally free. This is my chance for a fresh start. My chance to live the way I want to. Boston is my destination. Just when I think things are going to get better from here, I meet him. Malcolm Davis. He is the image of masculinity, with rough edges I would love to soften. Although I wonder what it would be like to be with a man like him, I know it would never work. But, I do know two things, ever since I met him, I’m happy and he makes me feel safe. Both of those things lured me into taking a chance. I mean what’s life without taking any chances? It’s not much of a life without the risk of getting your heart broken. I imagine that for Malcolm Davis, falling in love with someone would be akin to a hurricane; anything that stands in the path of what he wants; gets demolished. Well, I guess my theory will be put to the test.

Find it on GOODREADS


Their lives were destined to collide. Juliette Salinger lives her life entirely on her mother’s terms. Everything from what she wears to who she dates is determined by what is deemed appropriate for their social standing. Look a little closer. Juliette isn’t cut out for that life. She lives for moments of reckless abandon to escape the crushing pressure of never being good enough. Leo Ashlar appears to live his life entirely on his own terms. He’s a bartending bachelor and undefeated fight club champion. Look a little closer. He’s haunted by a tragic past and hides his demons even from those he loves. When Juliette’s duplicit worlds collide with the handsome and untouchable Leo, both are impacted in ways they couldn’t foresee. Juliette’s life begins to unravel. Can Leo help her build a new one, or will his past be their ultimate demise?

Find it on GOODREADS

A scarred fighter. A girl with rules. One night of unbridled passion. There are three things you need to know about Elizabeth Bennett: she’s smart as a whip, always in control, and lives by a set of carefully crafted rules. She’s learned the hard way that people you love the most always hurt you in the end. But then she meets Declan Blay, the new neighbor at her apartment complex. A tattooed British street fighter, he’s the campus bad boy she’s supposed to avoid, but when he saves her from a frat party gone bad, all her rules about sex and love fly out the window. She gives him one night of unbridled passion, but he longs for more. With only a cardboard-thin wall separating their bedrooms, he dreams of possessing the vulnerable girl next door forever. One night. Two damaged hearts. The passion of a lifetime.

Find it on GOODREADS

Only You is a STANDALONE novel in the Second Chances Series. I spent my life searching for love, but Evan was right there all along. As gorgeous on the inside as he was on the outside, I never had to wonder if he loved me. He showed me with every glance, every sweet touch, every scorching kiss. I wanted nothing more than to give him my forever—until I found out I may not have one. Paige was the girl of my dreams. So beautiful in every way; no one would ever compare. I feared she would never be mine, and then she became my everything. I wanted to be with her for the rest of my life. I wanted her to be my forever. But love may not be enough. Why do I have to say good-bye to the love of my life? How can I let you go—when it’s always been only you? PLEASE NOTE: Only You is a Contemporary Romance with intense language and sexual situations meant for readers 18 and up.

Find it on GOODREADS

Aidan:  Of course it was never going to be perfect. Of course it was always going to be wrong. When Essie Floyd snuck out of his apartment in the early hours of the morning, Aidan Callahan pretended he was still out cold. The truth was he’d never even fallen asleep. How could he, when the girl he should never have developed feelings for, a girl he never thought he’d get, was finally lying in his arms? It was obvious she was going to run. Ever since she walked into his office, she’s playing games. Now only one question remains: Will she stop playing long enough to realize this thing between them is real? 
ESSIE :How could she do it? How could she enjoy it? Guilt is a wicked thing. It will never leave Essie be. It’s not the intense, incredible sex that’s tearing her apart, though. Sex has always been a weapon, a tool, something to be used as and when necessary. No, it’s not the sex. It’s how she felt when Aidan was inside her. How she felt when he kissed her so deeply. How safe she felt when she woke in his arms. Her wretched heart has betrayed her, and not only that. It’s betrayed her brother, too. Now, the only way to make amends is to focus on her original plan: She must break Aidan Callahan at all costs. If she doesn’t, she’ll never be able to forgive herself.

Find it on GOODREADS


Last man standing. That’s the way it feels when Will Stevens looks at the happiness and fulfillment his siblings have found. Will isn’t necessarily looking for “happily ever after” but...what if? The one thing that helps him get through the loneliness of bachelorhood is his job. As a paramedic with Rivers Edge Health Center, Will is dedicated to saving lives. But one person has the potential to jeopardize everything he has worked for: his boss. Carmen Brady is a woman working in a man’s world. Determined to be taken as a serious professional, Carmen is hard and ruthless on the job; not interested in being anyone’s friend. There’s no room for personal relationships in the workplace, and Carmen is unwavering in her pursuit to run a tight ship in the Emergency Department at Rivers Edge Health Center. Yet, as much as she tries, Carmen can’t seem to stop thinking about one man she can’t have: her employee. What happens when the line between work and personal is crossed? Can Will and Carmen keep the two worlds separated? Everything comes down to a single choice: love or career? 

Find it on GOODREADS



Built to Last - Elisabeth Grace - cover to be revealed October 2, 2015

At seventeen, the small town of Saltwater Springs had been everything to Scarlett Devereaux—as had her boyfriend Luke. Never had she imagined she’d have to leave them both behind—until the night that changed everything. A decade after skipping town Scarlett returns to start over in the only place that ever really felt like home. But when nothing goes as planned, she’s forced to turn to Luke for help. With a drunk for a dad and a mom making pocket change at the local diner, no one ever thought Luke Garrity would amount to anything. After building a successful contracting business he’s proven everyone wrong professionally, but things in his personal life are upside down. Making it the exact wrong time for Scarlett to return to Saltwater Springs. With a history of devastation and heartbreak between them can Scarlett and Luke make amends, or will secrets from the past threaten the foundation of Scarlett’s new life? Were Luke and Scarlett really built to last?


In a matter of seconds my entire world changed, and it was in that moment that I stopped living and simply began to exist. In my grief, I sent a letter to the first boy I ever loved. I hoped in writing it I’d find some peace from the nightmare I was living, some solace in my anger. I didn’t expect him to write back. I wasn’t prepared for his words, and I certainly wasn’t ready for the impact this soldier would have on my life. A deep-rooted hate transformed into friendship, and then molded into a love like I’d never known before. Sergeant Devin Ulysses Clay did what I couldn’t: he put the shattered pieces of my heart back together, restoring my faith in humanity and teaching me how to live again. But now that I’m whole, I have a decision to make. Do I return to my life as I knew it and the fiancĂ© I left behind, or do I walk away from it all for the only man to ever break my heart? *** I’ve been living in hell, but you won’t hear me complain. These men depend on me, as I do them, and this brotherhood is the only family I’ve ever known. The Army saved me from a callous mother and a life on the wrong side of the tracks that was quickly spiraling out of control. So unlike most of the men in my platoon, going home wasn’t something I longed for. I was content overseas, spending my days defending this country that gave me my life back. Fighting became my new normal … until her. A letter from Katie Devora—a letter that I almost didn’t open. Her words put a fire back inside of me that I didn’t know I’d lost. She gave me hope during a time when I was fighting every day just to stay alive, and now it’s time I fight for her.

Find it on Goodreads


Some connections are so powerful they will not be denied. Despite doing everything in their power to fight their feelings, Chase and Arianna decide to give their love a second chance. They hope that the long, painful journey back to each other will have taught them not to make the same mistakes again. This time they’ll get it right. All they need is a little time for the wounds to heal. Unfortunately, life doesn’t stop just because love is in the air. Just as they begin to reconcile, their relationship is bombarded by crisis after crisis throwing their lives into a tailspin. Had they learned from their past, Chase and Arianna would find a way to lean on each other during trying times. But some people never learn. Instead of revealing their strength, each challenge exposes their vulnerabilities. The cracks in their relationship turn into chasms as they let each other down time and time again. Hurt and betrayal overshadow the love, and they slip back into old habits. Hiding behind hatred for each other is much easier than facing the truth. Will they find their way back to each other or will they stay trapped in the space between love and hate?

Find it on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment