Thursday, August 13, 2015

Wait For Me - Eleanor Green

Cooper Sterling has been in love with Briley Sheffield since fifth grade, when he asked her to marry him on wide-ruled paper crafted into the fold-and-tuck square. But life isn’t that neat and tidy. Years later, defending Briley from an attack lands Cooper in prison, powerless to protect her and unable to convince her to wait for him. When a failed engagement opens up the possibility of a relationship with Cooper, a mysterious envelope threatens to slam shut every door in Briley’s path. Now she must choose . . . risk the stability of friendship she has with Cooper, or put everything on hold and solve the mysteries of her family secrets. Wait For Me is book 1 of a 2-book series, but can be read as a standalone.

Elizabeth's Review

3.5 or 4 stars - I can't decide - It's definitely a good book that I would recommend

Review copy provided by author

I finished Wait for Me earlier today and enjoyed it, but have been a little conflicted because for a big chunk of the book I didn’t like the heroine at all, so I struggled a little bit with how to rate the book.
Wait for Me focuses on Briley and Cooper who are both in their mid-twenties.  They have been friends literally since they were in diapers and we meet them when they are going through a lot of changes. Briley has discovered that her fiancée has cheated, for the third time, and has kicked him to the curb. Cooper is coming to the end of a prison sentence that he got for going after a guy who tried to hurt Briley.
Early on in the book, I really liked both Briley and Cooper. I completely sympathized with her and the situation with the ex-fiancée. I just loved Cooper. How do you not love someone who would sacrifice himself for a friend then come home and lay his heart out on a platter? It wasn’t long after Cooper came home that Briley and I started having issues. To be honest, I just didn’t get her and what seemed to be drama for the sake of drama.  
Part of me understood what was going on with her, but I spent big a lot of time wanting to tell her to pull up her big girl panties and get on with life. I have to give the author a lot of credit here because as much as I was annoyed by Briley, I was also rooting for her to figure herself out.
Even though the book is written with dual point of views, we spend a lot more time with Briley and there were times when I really wanted to hear more from Cooper. The secondary cast was small, but they play a big part in the story. I would have liked to have a little more understanding about what was going on with Blake, the ex-fiancée, he seems to have an ax to grind.
Even though Briley and I had a love/hate relationship, I was thrilled when she and Cooper for their happy place and I am anxious to see what how their story continues in Stay With Me. 

Where to find Wait for Me:


Where to find Stay with Me (publishing August 18, 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment