Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Meet the Author - Caleigh Hernandez

Let's give a warm welcome to today's Meet the Author guest, Caleigh Hernandez.
Published work:
Love Takes Your Breath Away (Book 1) 
Love Turns With Twisted Fates (Book 2) 
Love Needs Another Chance (Book 3; Release Date TBA)
What are you working on now?
Right now, I'm working on book 3, Love Needs Another Chance. I'm cranking out the words like my life depends on it and I love it. This time the words are coming easier (most of the time) and I'm even finding myself wordier than the other two books. In all fairness, I do believe this is because book 3 is from Diego's POV and he's got a lot of shit going on.
Do you get to write full time or do you also have a “day” job?
LOL. You could say that it's my full time job only second to my job as a mother. I do design work as well. I design all my graphics, teasers and book covers. It was actually while getting my Bachelor of Science degree in Multimedia and Web Design that I rediscovered my dream to write and came up with the idea behind the Truth About Love series.
Favorite part of being an author?
My favorite part of being an author is getting the out-of-the-blue message from a reader that tells me how much she loved it, how she can't wait for the next book, and then mentions specifically what she got out of it and it hits the nail on the head with what I was trying to accomplish.
Scariest part of being an author?
The scariest part of being an author is wondering if people will like my characters, their story or the way I tell it. Holy crap…that's terrifying. I know that it won't be for everyone, but I have this recurring waking nightmare that one day no one will like what I wrote.
Who are your favorites to read?
My favorites are of the eclectic variety: K. Bromberg, Anne Rice, Kallypso Masters, R.K. Lilley, Stephen King, Edgar Allan Poe, Oscar Wilde…OMG, I could keep going.
If you had $1 million to giveaway, what would you do with the money?
I'd set aside enough money for my daughters to go to college, move to Hawaii where I will put most of our money into setting up my husband's woodworking business. I would also donate to our family's favorite charity Alex's Lemonade Stand.
One piece of advice to an aspiring writer?
Write. Just write. Then, get yourself a trustworthy duo or trio of beta readers to read your story. Expect them to tell you the story isn't working, it's going wild, or running away from you. But keep writing. You will get there. Don't force yourself to write something you don't want to write. Oh and research. Research, research, research. You don't want to come across that one reader that's intimately familiar your characters career or health affliction or something. Then, when you're done with writing and the trusting and the writing some more and the researching, write until you hit the end. Then, find a few more trustworthy persons to read your story as a whole. But really…JUST. WRITE.
Where can we find you on line?
Facebook ✦ Facebook Group ✦ Twitter ✦ Instagram ✦  GoodreadsAmazon ✦ Newsletter 
Where to buy Caleigh's books:
Buy on Amazon
Buy on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment