Saturday, June 20, 2015

When You Are Mine by Kennedy Ryan

Celebrating the anniversary of When You Are Mine's Debut! Happy Debutversary to Kennedy Ryan
Forever is a heartbeat away . . . Kerris Moreton knows how to make things work. Bounced from foster home to foster home as a kid, she adapted; when opportunity arose, she thrived. Now, about to open her own business and accept a marriage proposal, Kerris is ready to build the life she's always wanted. The only thing missing? A passionate connection with her would-be fiancé, Cam. Kerris wants to believe that sparks are overrated-until Walsh Bennett lights her up like the Fourth of July. . . . but what about love? As one of the East Coast's most eligible bachelors, Walsh enjoys financial independence, fulfilling work with his family's nonprofit, and plenty of female attention. But lately he's been distracted by the one woman he can't have. Lovely to look at and even sweeter to know, Kerris is the soul mate Walsh never thought he would find. The problem is, his best friend found her first . . .

Elizabeth's Review

4 Stars

Review Copy provided by author

I’ve been hearing about Kennedy Ryan for a while and have always heard good things about her books. I had them on my “Buy these when they go on sale” list, but that hasn’t happened. When the opportunity to participate in the “Debutversary” for When You Are Mine, the first book in her Bennett series, came up I had to jump at the chance.
In When You Are Mine, we meet Walsh just as he falls into insta-lust with a complete stranger as he watches her help someone out. He discovers later that his mystery girl is actually his best friend’s girlfriend. As the story moves forward, we discover that Kerris is attracted to Walsh as well, but she doesn’t believe they’d work out. She sees a future with, Cam, the best friend. I don’t want to give anything away if you haven’t read the book, but let’s just say that things don’t go as smoothly as anyone would hope.
I am normally not a fan of the love triangle, but the Walsh/Kerris/Cam triangle is more of an unrequited love. Walsh goes out of way to avoid being with Cam and Kerris and she repeatedly confirms her choice. What makes the situation so difficult is that most everyone around them knows the truth. Throughout the book, I respected Walsh. He recognized his feelings, but also realized how they would impact others and tried to avoid them. I found myself frustrated with Kerris. I understood where she was coming from, but I could not relate to the idea of moving forward with a relationship when there is such a big secret at the heart of it. I’m still not sure how I feel about Cam. On one hand, he’s a great guy who deserves to be happy. On the other, part of me can’t help but wonder how much he really loves Kerris and how much of it was having something he knew Walsh wanted.
Now that I have read When You Are Mine, part of me is really glad that I didn’t come across it when it first released. I think if I had, I would have been frustrated by how the book ends, but knowing that there are at least 2 more books gives me hope that there will have a happier resolution.

You can buy When You Are Mine here

You can connect with Kennedy Ryan here:
Amazon
Facebook
Goodreads
Website

No comments:

Post a Comment