Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Meet The Author - J.C. Hannigan

We would like to welcome author J.C. Hannigan to our debut "Meet the Author" feature. We are hoping to bring some of our wonderful author friends in to say hello on occasion. Hopefully, you enjoy hearing from them as much as we all enjoy their work.

Welcome J.C.!

Name: J.C. Hannigan

Published Work:
Harlow Jones has a troubled past, and a questionable future. Surrounded by death, tragedy, and intrigue, she is forced to mature long before her time. Plagued by anxiety and depression, she hides her inner turmoil with spite and sarcasm. Her thick skin is impenetrable…or so she thought. Until she becomes involved with her grade twelve English teacher. In this exclusive entry into the new adult genre, with raw style that is as dark as it is poignant, Collide presents the ultimate choice: forbidden love or doing the right thing.
Jax Walker is a hard man to resist. He’s tall, dark, and delicious. Harlow didn’t plan on falling for another, with her heart still stuck on Iain. But it’s so hard with him gone. And she’s been aching since they last touched. Two whole years of silent wondering; of desperate sleepless longing. Fate, however, may have other plans. Just as Harlow’s ready to open herself to new love, her whole world is pulled into a twisting and painful spiral. In this new adult novel, readers are consumed by the collision of past and present. Raw and dark, this emotional minefield is the perfect second book in the continuing story of Harlow Jones. 
CONSUMED is rereleasing July 1st through Booktrope!
What are you working on now?
I’ve got a lot going on right now – on July 1st, CONSUMED is being re-released through Booktrope. It’ll have a new look and be available in paperback for the first time ever! 
In September, the first book in a new, two-part series called The Damaged Series is releasing. The first book in this new series is called DAMAGED GOODS. I’ve also finished writing the sequel – RECKLESS ABANDON. RECKLESS ABANDON will release in early 2016. 
I’ve also finished the third and final book in the Collide series – COLLATERAL, also releasing in 2016. I’m working on a couple of new projects as well, all in the new adult romance genre.
Do you get to write full time or do you have a "day" job?
I am currently at stay-at-home mom, so I balance that between writing. Once my youngest goes off to school in September I will be writing full time!
Favorite part of being an author?
Getting to write! I LOVE writing and have loved writing since I was a little kid!
Scariest part of being an author?
Publishing my work! It’s a lot like striping naked – LOL. I put so much of my heart and soul into my works, and having other people read that can be REALLY intimidating.
Who are your favorites to read?
J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series is always at the top of my list. I love anything written by Ginger Scott, K.A. Tucker, and Whitney Barbetti. I’ve discovered some new favorites too – like Karla Sorensen. Can’t wait to read her future works!
If you had $1 Million to giveaway, what would you do with the money?
I would give back to a lot of charities, actually. Local dog rescues, Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto, local food banks and I’d want to help the homeless community as well. There is so much suffering in the world that I’d want to focus my attention on the causes that are near me.
One piece of advise to an aspiring writer?
Keep writing! Even when it’s scary or difficult.
If you are interesting in buying J.C.'s books, please use the links below:
Collide
Consumed

If you want to connect with J.C, you can find her using the sites below:
Facebook
Twitter
Personal Blog
Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment